THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Reunions

Reunions with old friends are great to have. I was fortunate to have two in one day!

After work, I met with my best friend Rosa from high school for dinner. I have not really hung out with her in at least 3 years. That is almost all throughout college. We went to different colleges, so we kind of just drifted apart. It was really great catching up with her, especially when we had no reason at all to stop talking in the first place. She is a high school math teacher, which is what I originally going to do. So we have that in common. We have decided that it was stupid that we lost touch and we are going to start hanging out again. This makes me happy :)

Now the other one is a little more complicated to explain. It was with my ex-boyfriend Geoff from my freshman year of college. We probably dated for like 4 months. So not really a big deal. We were really close friends before that. Even after, we remained really good friends. He may have been my best guy friend in college. I could always go to him when some jerky guy was mean to me or whatever, and he always knew the right things to say to make me feel better. All until this one time...this one time after one of our night classes, shorlty after me and my ex Mike broke up. All three of us had the same class, so that was ackward in itself. After class, we went to a local bar, and Mike was saying some nasty things, but then Geoff left. I stayed. But then left later in histerics, I am not sure exactly why, but something to do with Mike. I kept calling Geoff while driving to his place, until he finally answered practically when I got there. I just needed him to comfort me. Anyways...one thing lead to another, and as Erin said "clothes came off" (haha) and then he said the stupidest thing after, which caused me to never want to speak to him again. He was always the one guy who saw me for me and not just as an object. And I had thought that fact had changed, when in reality, I kind of took it the wrong way.

Well we started talking yesterday, for almost three hours, reminiscing about the old days. And we had a little coffee date tonight and it went great. It was really good to see him and catch up, but we kept going back to the "what if" stuff. Like what if we stayed together or what if we got back together. As I have often thought about that over the years, it's a little wierd talking with him about it because he has a girlfriend. So I really do want to be friends with him again, because we do have a good time together, I just don't want the wrong thing to happen, not that it would. I don't know. It's kind of weird.

But all in all, I rekindled two old friendships today, so my advice to people is to try and catch up with an old friend. It is good for you!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Look! I can comment on your blog now! :)

Kate said...

haha...finally! yay...go Erin for fixing it!!

Stephanie H said...

Yah for commenting! Yah for Erin!